Engineering Manager, Apple Pay
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
The Apple Pay server team is looking for an exceptional engineering manager to join our team. We are responsible for designing and building web-services related to Apple Pay (interfacing with iOS client, external partners, iCloud and other internal Apple systems). In this role, you will hire and manage A+ server engineers.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in building highly scalable and distributed systems
- Strong programming expertise in Java
- Knowledge of web-services, TLS, ReST
- Passion for building secure systems
- At least 5+ years hands-on software development experience
- At least 3+ years engineering management experience
- Experience working in payments or financial services industry is a plus
In this role, you will hire and lead a small team of engineers who are responsible for building truly innovate and new features related to Apple Pay. This is a hands-on engineering role. The ideal candidate will be expected to collaborate with business and product marketing in addition to driving technical architecture and engineering. This role requires a very passionate and experienced engineer who can lead-by-example.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical field, equivalent work experience will be considered