Director, Platform Product Marketing
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. You bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! We believe in the power of combining product management and product marketing together - that the best person to communicate why a product is meaningful to consumers and developers is the same person that helped drive its creation! As a Product Marketing Director at Apple, you will to help lead product marketing for iOS, iPadOS and macOS. In this leadership role, you will demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and communication skills to effectively mobilize cross-functional teams to accomplish a common goal. We are seeking candidates who thrive in dynamic environments and have a natural instinct to collaborate with others. We are looking for a product marketing and product management leader who will play a key role in crafting keynote messaging, web pages, press releases, press outreach and other forms of outbound communication. We will also rely on your customer driven view for inbound product development. You will have significant experience working closely with cross-functional teams to define product strategy and roadmap, craft positioning, and define marketing activities.
- 10+ years Product Management experience. Experience with consumer software products and technologies for software platforms is strongly preferred
- Requires best-in-class oral and written communication skills, as well as demonstrated success as a product spokesperson on a national or global level
- Experience and ability to synthesize technologies into product communication for broad audience including customers, media, analysts, and leading industry specialists
- Technical track record working closely with engineering/technical teams from an inbound marketing perspective including during early research and development
- Experience with press and media
- A self-starter who is dedicated and demonstrates creative and critical thinking abilities
- You are skilled at developing and exercising cross-functional influence; translating between business owners and technical teams
- You are results-oriented, upbeat and focused with a strong passion to learn and succeed
In this leadership role, you will help define product positioning and key product messages as well as position the product in relation to other products and the competition. You will work with marketing communications and PR to develop product launch activities, press releases and marketing materials. In addition, collaborate with a global cross-functional team including engineering, developer relations, public relations and marketing communications through the complete product development cycle. You will help drive the high-level strategy, roadmap, and feature definition for iOS, iPadOS and macOS. By closely following emerging technology, consumer, and societal trends, you will recommend how products will fit into those emerging trends. This includes collecting global customer, developer, and partner requirements for future product development and developing expert knowledge of competitive and 3rd party products. Evaluate new technologies and make recommendations to pursue in future products, and manage trade-offs involving features, schedule, cost, line positioning, and lifecycle management.