Silicon Hardware Test Automation Engineer
Portland, Oregon, United States
Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, new insights have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same real passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product! As a member of the Apple SOC Silicon Validation Team, you will develop and maintain the test automation infrastructure utilized by silicon validation engineers to facilitate the validation of Apple Silicon.
- Experience in the development of test automation infrastructure for silicon validation boards, development boards and/or other test equipment
- Computer systems, SoC and CPU architecture knowledge
- Strong Python programming
- Knowledge of common hardware interfaces such as UART, I2C, SPI, SPMI, SMC, JTAG
- Familiarly with power management IC’s
- ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge of ASIC design flow, silicon foundry test flow
- Debug methodology and ability to solve problems on development hardware
- SoC validation, bring up experience
- Experience with version control and Git
You will support the bring up and maintenance of test automation infrastructure that will power-on and configure silicon validation boards for each SoC revision. This work will provide our engineers with a foundation for their test content development by abstracting sophisticated configuration into simple procedures. The infrastructure supports interacting with the SoC, PMU, and other peripheral chips either by register accesses, power rail voltage margining, and console input/output.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering or equivalent is required.