Product Marketing Manager, Pages App
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services and customer experiences very quickly. We believe that if you bring passion and dedication to your job, there's no telling what you could accomplish! We're now seeking an outstanding and experienced product management professional to lead product marketing for Apple’s Pages application that ships as part of the iWork suite of apps on every iPhone, iPad and Mac, and also on the web as part of Apple’s iCloud offering. The Pages Product Marketing Manager is responsible for customer data acquisition, usability studies and competitor knowledge. The role works closely with Engineering and Design to define and develop the features and enhancements that are added to the product. Additional responsibilities include all outbound marketing including product positioning, visual content, web marketing, and working with Apple’s Marketing Communications and PR teams. To be successful in this role, you'll be excellent at managing cross-functional groups, and an effective written and verbal communicator.
- Solid experience in both product management and product marketing. 5-7 years mobility or productivity apps experience a plus.
- Experience interfacing directly with engineering and design teams during software design and development.
- Ability to contribute to a strategic vision and to articulate it in front of a wide variety of audiences.
- Experience with competitive analysis, user studies and product data analytics.
- Excellent presentation, product demo and writing skills.
- Expertise in advocating to upper management and external groups.
- Ability to clearly communicate and position the specifics of the product vision to the market.
- Motivated, dynamic, creative and results-oriented.
- Develop and drive the product roadmap for iOS, iPadOS, OS X and iCloud versions of Apple’s very popular Pages application. - Research the competitive landscape, investigate market trends, and work with users to find opportunities to innovate and solve customer problems. - Work closely with a world-class team of designers and engineers during the development phase of the application, and as the product champion and industry specialist, provide feedback and direction on product planning and future features. - Work with Apple’s marketing communications, product marketing, and PR teams along with a diverse group of other Apple employees, to successfully launch the products. - Drive all outbound marketing including reviewing all product documentation, marketing materials, web content, sales training materials, and other product information to ensure consistent and clear positioning and messaging.
Education & Experience
BA/BS in Computer Science and/or Marketing. MBA or equivalent experience preferred.