Senior Robotics Hardware Engineer - Mechanical and Mechatronics
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
At Apple ISG (Intelligent Systems Group) we develop groundbreaking devices with complex software, sensors and hardware. You will play a key role in designing and developing advanced hardware systems that will push the boundaries of what is currently possible and lay the foundation for future products. You should have a background in mechanical engineering and/or mechatronics. You should also be familiar with simulation and modeling of complex systems. Join Apple and help us leave the world better than we found it!
- 4+ years of hands-on experience and proven track record in hardware development
- Experience in taking designs through manufacturing
- Experience designing mechanisms with various forms of actuation, such as direct drive, series elastic actuators, etc.
- Experience designing and building functional prototypes of mechatronic systems incorporating compute, sensing, and actuation, from selecting drivers to onboard compute platforms
- Experience working with interdisciplinary fabrication teams to build and assemble prototypes
- Familiar with simulation and modeling tools (CAD, NX, Matlab, etc.)
In this role, you will work closely with multi-disciplinary teams to develop and integrate hardware systems for potential future use. The position requires the ability for independent precise detail design work as well as high level system understanding. Also required are excellent communication and leadership skills, with the ability to work in a fast paced environment. - Prototyping proof of concepts - Ownership of mechanical and mechatronics designs - Schematic creation and layout responsibility - Bringup and debug - Hardware validation
Education & Experience
M.Eng plus 3 years of relevant experience or B.Eng plus 5 years of relevant experience