Legal Counsel - Commercial (Online/Retail)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love taking on big challenges without precedent? Do you possess a deep knowledge of the legal field and a passion for innovation? As a part of our Legal group, you’ll help uphold Apple’s high ethical and corporate standards, as well as defend our intellectual property. Working for a company that invents entire categories and industries means you’ll be challenged to creatively apply your deep legal expertise to rare and often unexplored aspects of the law. Together with your team, you’ll provide the critical support needed worldwide for all Apple products and businesses. Apple has an exciting opportunity for a Commercial Legal Counsel to join its Legal team to support the face of Apple – its Online & Retail businesses. As part of the team, you will join a diverse and practically-minded group of attorneys that support the Apple Online Store, as well as Apple’s 500+ physical brick-and-mortar Apple Retail Stores, worldwide.
- Experience advising on e-commerce, commercial, marketing, and consumer protection issues.
- Product or program counseling experience.
- Comfort drafting and negotiating complex commercial agreements and policies.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously, handling a variety of matters at once, and shifting gears frequently and flexibly.
- Experience working with global and cross-functional teams, building strong working relationships.
- 3-6 years of relevant law firm and/or in-house experience.
- Strong work ethic and self-starter mentality, excellent attention to detail, and sound judgment.
- Ability to clearly and concisely organize and inform through excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Superior time-management skills and ability to project-manage.
- Comfort building and delivering presentations (preferably in Keynote)
- High emotional intelligence, a good sense of humor, and a genuinely collaborative spirit.
There is no typical day in Apple Online / Retail, and you will wear many hats in this role. A successful candidate will be someone who has a broad skillset and takes pride in being able to adapt those skills to the changing needs of the business. To name just a few, you may find yourself negotiating commercial agreements, reviewing marketing materials, re-designing webflows, advising on strategic commercial and store operational initiatives, launching new promotions and events, fielding executive consumer escalations, or navigating regulatory compliance and new legislation. The ideal candidate will embrace the challenge of resolving complex issues and conflicting interests in creative and efficient ways, and will demonstrate a superior ability to navigate cross-functional collaboration with both legal and business colleagues alike. As a member of the team, you will be an integrated business partner and have the opportunity to contribute to the success of one of the world’s most successful retailers.
Education & Experience
JD degree, excellent academic credentials, and admission to at least one state bar.