Battery Algorithm SW Configuration Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
At Apple, we believe new ideas have a way of becoming outstanding products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! Are you interested to work on the forefront of Battery Management Systems? In this role you will develop future BMS technologies with a hardworking team of engineers in a highly reciprocal and multi-functional environment. The ideal individual will be proficient in this field, who has experience developing and commercializing robust battery management solutions for consumer, industrial, telecom or automotive products. Be a part of a team developing new class of battery systems involving algorithms, architectures and products as we improve the utility of batteries.
- 5+ years experience in BMS algorithm and Software,
- Strong EE fundamentals to understand impact of hardware behaviors on battery performance estimation.
- Profound understanding of Impedance Track based Fuel gauging configuration, performance evaluation, and data analysis for both single and multiple S configurations.
- Knowledge of Li-Ion and related cell chemistries. Experience with detailed battery and cell modeling is a plus.
- Excellent debugging skills to tackle challenging problems, have experience using Matlab or Python for data analysis and presentation
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills and ability to use statistical tools and techniques to support proposed solutions.
- Self-starter with excellent time management skills and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Ability to articulate design issues and path to resolution both verbally and with documentation.
- Proven ability to work independently under high pressure and comfortable working in a dynamic environment.
The BMS team is looking for battery algorithm software configuration engineer to support advanced battery and power management algorithms and software configurations for various Apple products. Working with a cross-function team including algorithms, software, and system engineers, you will be required to define and implement SW configuration parameters to implement innovative battery algorithms.
Education & Experience
B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent