Business Development & Strategy Manager - IP and University R&D Projects
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Sales and Business Development
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, we believe great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Are you passionate about bringing new products to life? Are you interested in working at the forefront of operations innovation? We hope you will consider joining our Apple team!
- Lead commercial strategy and relationship development with Apple’s external partners including universities and academic leaders
- Develop, negotiate and execute strategic deals for technology development, licensing engagements and partnerships with third parties
- Have a deep understanding of deal terms and creatively solve for complex situations to achieve objectives while mitigating risk
- Collaborate across Apple organizations including engineering, legal, marketing, and others to ensure technical and business objectives are met
- Clearly and concisely present key findings and proposals to senior leaders
As a Business Development & Strategy Manager, you would lead business engagements between Apple’s engineering/product organizations and external partnerships to develop next-generation technologies and services. In this role you would be responsible for cross-functional coordination, creative problem solving, developing deals structures and leading engagement, strategy and negotiations with Apple’s partners. The position includes working directly with many of Apple’s university partners on a variety of projects so experience with intellectual property and university R&D is a plus.
Education & Experience
• 5+ years of relevant experience • MBA and/or JD preferred
- • Ability to manage ambiguity by applying structure and principles and systematically using/presenting data
- • Experience negotiating complex commercial agreements
- • Knowledge of licensing, intellectual property and university partnerships is a plus