Apple TV Services - Engineering Program Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
What happens when the world’s most innovative engineers and dedicated Program Managers collaborate with the world’s most creative storytellers? TV gets reinvented. Meet the reinventors: The Apple TV Services teams created and manage the Apple TV app as well as tvOS, which redefined and refined the way people watch their favorite shows, movies, and so much more — including everything they love from the major subscription services. Today, these teams also manage one of the most exciting new realms at Apple: They bring viewers the critically acclaimed and award-winning Apple Originals in Apple TV+. And they’ve engineered it so Apple TV+ can be enjoyed not only on Apple devices, but also directly on many new televisions and third-party streaming devices. To deliver Apple-level quality on a global scale, Apple TV Services employ talent and tools to smoothly ingest and process a wide array of media assets. They work cross-functionally to handle video flow from content ingestion, playback, transcoding, and virtually everything else it takes to make the experience as seamless as possible. Join them to see what else is possible.
- 5+ years of professional experience in software engineering or program/project/product management.
- Prior experience with subscriptions and offers for media related products such as TV, Music, Books, News, etc. is a plus.
- Solid track record in managing and deploying large, complex programs.
- Strong technical proficiency and product experience.
- Strong relationship management and collaboration with diverse engineering teams and cross functional organizations.
- Strong facilitation skills (requirements sessions, design meetings, progress and status meetings).
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (written and verbal) to all levels of an organization.
- Overall, a highly driven, results-oriented, problem solver who will drive programs to deliver value quickly to our customers.
We are looking for a seasoned Program Manager with a proven track record of shipping complex, customer-facing products under demanding timelines. Bonus points for new product introductions. This is a hands-on position where the Program Manager will be involved in requirements analysis, functional and technical design discussions, testing, working with partners, and more. This is not a task-based job; you will be responsible for successful outcomes and delivery. - Take full program ownership to drive and ship large, cross-functional projects and feature areas. - Lead all aspects of multiple concurrent features including scope, requirements, timelines, and resource allocation. - Own overall cross-functional schedules. - Take a role in improving how features are built and executed. - Risk management amid uncertainty.
Education & Experience
Prefer a BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering or similar technical field