Apple Silicon GPU Driver Quality Engineering Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple’s GPU Software team develops Metal, an API for GPU programming that allows efficient use of the GPU and minimizes CPU overhead. It has enabled developers to achieve far greater realism, detail, and interactivity in their games. It is the foundation for utilizing the GPU across all of Apple's innovative products, from iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch, to Apple TV, and MacOS, as well as Apple’s professional and consumer applications from Final Cut and Aperture to iLife and iWork. Apple Silicon GPU Drivers provides the lowest layer of software stack that directly interacts with the Apple Silicon GPUs to support Metal. It is fundamental to the performance and quality of the user experience on all Apple Silicon devices.
- First-level management or lead developer experience.
- Experience in C/C++ production environment.
- Extensive experience in Python.
- Strong foundations in object-oriented programming.
- Experience in process automation, continuous integration, and automated testing.
- Experience with GPU APIs including Metal, DirectX, Vulkan, or CUDA.
- iOS development with Objective-C and/or Swift a plus.
- Experience working with hardware, working with drivers and low-level code a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent debugging, trouble shooting, optimization, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
The GPU Driver team is looking for a highly motivated software engineer manager, who is focused on product quality through development of tools and infrastructure that improve the software development process. The GPU Driver Quality engineering manager will be responsible for leading the team that: - designs and develops the tools & infrastructure for development, build, integration, test, and debugging the GPU driver. - designs and develops driver features providing metrics and debuggability to streamline driver development. - designs and develops changes to the driver architecture to better enable debugging, test, and test automation. - works closely with driver engineers to understand their workflows and ensure that development tools, tests and processes are helping them deliver high quality software. - works closely with build and test team to improve the infrastructure to keep pace with the growing needs of driver development. - delivers reporting and management systems to monitor and address build and test issues promptly.
Education & Experience
Technical BS/MS EE/CS degree