Product Design Engineer - Testing Methods
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Help Apple grow the iPhone, Watch, or other Apple product structural analysis team.
- Rigorous knowledge of Solid Mechanics and Strength of Materials
- Passion for creating innovative, high quality products
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in experimental mechanics and testing methods such as Digital Image Correlation, Universal Testing Machines, and Dynamic Mechanical Analysis
- Experience in the characterization and analysis of mechanical behavior and failure of different classes of materials
- Experience in the design and fabrication of testing fixtures and testing systems
- Experience in instrumentation techniques for both quasi-static and dynamic loading
- Familiar with design tools such NX, Catia, AutoCAD or SolidWorks
- Familiar with finite element analysis
We are responsible for FEA modeling, engineering analysis, and material characterization, along with verification and validation of mechanical simulation models. We are fully integrated with the product design team from the earliest stages, analyzing and informing the mechanical design of cutting-edge products. As part of our team, you will work with the multi-functional teams within Apple and with outside vendors to characterize the strength of raw materials and components.
Education & Experience
BS/MS/PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Materials Engineering, or similar