WW Sales Finance - Financial Analyst
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Do you love thinking analytically? Are you passionate about using your financial knowledge to navigate complex challenges? Just as our customers find value in Apple products, the Finance group finds value for both Apple and its shareholders. As part of this group, you’ll play an integral role in ensuring our day-to-day financial health. You and your team will support Apple’s growth, both top and bottom line, by applying the same level of innovation toward financial matters as we do toward our products and services. You’ll also collaborate with Apple teams across the world to develop more effective investment strategies and risk management. Finance is essential to upholding our global commitment to excellence, and it is directly responsible for shaping the company’s future. Join us, and you’ll have a meaningful role in continuing Apple’s legacy of efficiency and success. Apple is looking for a dynamic, highly motivated Financial Analyst to join the WW Sales Finance team. The successful candidate will be forward thinking and care deeply about continually improving the teams’ assessment of Apple’s investment decisions. The team is the connecting point for the Regional and WW teams, with the unique ability to partner across the globe to drive Apple’s businesses forward.
- 3+ years of relevant finance experience in a high performance organization
- High level of proficiency with Excel and presentation tools (i.e. Keynote), with sharp attention to detail
- Demonstrates ability to conduct complex, data driven financial modeling and analysis
- Highly motivated, works well in a fast paced and demanding environment; strong prioritization skills are required, with ability to manage multiple projects
- Deep understanding of P&L elements and experience with Forecast/Close processes a plus
- Proactive problem solver and interested in operational improvements
- Strong verbal and written professional skills; ability to compile and present data, insights, and recommendations to different audiences, including executives
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills, with ability to partner cross-functionally at all levels of the organization
- Comfortable with high level of ambiguity and complexity
As the Financial Analyst, you will support the WW Channel Strategy & Operations (CSO) and WW Marcom teams with Apple’s Branded Program investment decisions (fixtures, merchandising, staffing) within the Multibrand channel, across partners globally. You will work with a variety of cross-functional teams and support high energy and dynamic business partners. This role you will own the Financial Planning & Analysis of our Channel Programs investments across all route-to-markets. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE: Owning and communicating investment running rules to WW and Regional cross-functional counterparts, understanding Apple P&L impacts of different investment decisions. Providing quarterly insights on investment amounts / performances / coverage / ROI, and driving ongoing process standardization and improvement initiatives. Partnering with the WW CSO and Regional Sales teams to develop annual plans and monthly forecasts for Channel Programs, articulating results to Senior Management through regular updates. Developing a deep understanding of your business areas to recommend appropriate investment and run rate metrics to access performance. Managing Quarter Close process, including journal entries and variance analysis.
Education & Experience
Bachelors in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field