Media Streaming Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple's Interactive Media Group (IMG) is looking for a creative and dedicated engineer to join our streaming media playback team. This technology powers the streaming media experiences on all of Apple’s platforms (iPhones/iPads, Apple TV, Apple Watch and macOS) by building on core technologies and frameworks such as Core Media, AVFoundation.
- Knowledge of streaming media protocols: HTTP Live Streaming (HLS), DASH, RTMP, RTSP, etc
- Experience in developing AR/VR and immersive video
- Excellent analytical, programming (C or C++), and debugging skills and strong proficiency in multi-threaded development
- Strong understanding of HTTP networking (protocol, cookies, authentication, cache, security, and performance)
- Familiarity with CDN architectures (caches, origin servers, proxies, etc)
- Solid understanding of media codecs, formats, transports and container protocols, such as, AVC, HEVC, VP9, AAC, AC3, MP4, TS, etc
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
As a media streaming engineer in this role, you will be responsible for developing features, contributing to media systems design, analyzing performance, and tuning algorithms for streaming media playback. This individual should have development experience at multiple layers of the OS network stack and have experience building network delivery systems for media content.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in CS/CE or equivalent, with demonstrated ability