Software Accessibility Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Are you ready to explore a new technology and product space with a hardworking and collaborative team? Apple's Technology Development Group is seeking developers skilled in building high performance interactive 3D simulation software. This team is building the core foundational platform for some of Apple's most advanced technologies including the augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) support offered in ARKit and Metal 2. As a member of our creative organization, you will have a uniquely rewarding opportunity to craft future products that will delight and inspire millions of people every single day.
- Strong development experience with C, Objective-C, or C++.
- Proficient with languages like Swift
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills.
- Ability to learn and adapt to existing source code and handle several concurrent projects.
- Demonstrated ability to write thoughtful, maintainable code.
- Experience writing AR/VR applications a plus.
- Talent for writing cleanly architected UI features
- Ability to write performant and accurate multi-threaded code
- Excellent cross-functional and communication skills
Apple strives to make the newest technologies accessible for blind, low-vision, hearing-impaired, and motor-impaired users. The work we do ensures that all users can be surprised and delighted, regardless of their abilities. As an Accessibility Engineer you will develop, test, apply and help develop features for blind, low-vision, motor-impaired users, and hearing impaired users. Your code will interact with applications and services across the system. To succeed in this role, you must be a strong programmer and a creative problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced environment, working across teams and organizations. You have a passion for customer experience and a desire to help underserved segments of the population. You enjoy learning new things and creating life-changing applications. You possess strong skills in object-oriented software design and programming. You are excited about developing new features, maintaining existing code, fixing bugs, and contributing to overall system design. You'll join a small and focused team with an opportunity to define and prove brand-new accessibility concepts and experiences.
Education & Experience
BS / MS / PhD in Computer Science OR equivalent degree OR equivalent experience