Senior Content Design Producer, Apple News
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
We are currently seeking a Senior Content Design Producer to join the Apple News team, part of Apple Media Products. This is an opportunity for the right individual to have a direct impact on a team that will help define the future of Apple’s core media products through thoughtful and innovative content initiatives. A BIT ABOUT YOU The right candidate will have experience leading content production, as a design producer or similar capacity, with an innate ability to support multiple projects simultaneously, deliver on time, and relentlessly uphold our creative vision. Your project management practices are proven and start-up ingenuity are important to you and the work. You are highly organized. You are proactive, self-motivated, and adaptable. You can solve problems independently. You can ‘see around corners’ and identify communication, logistical, and scheduling challenges. You have a disciplined approach to managing your projects, but maintain the flexibility to work both tactically and strategically when adjustments are required. We are looking for someone with experience working in partnership with senior creative teams to bring ideas to life. Familiarity with content planning and effective resource management are key, as well as understanding the impact of production decisions on both creative output and cross functional partner’s businesses. Ideal candidates excel at setting expectations, with the ability to identify and articulate alternative solutions when changes arise.
- At least 7-9 years of experience acting as a producer in a creatively-driven advertising agency or internal creative team, developing and leading: project work, budgets, timelines and assets.
- Experience developing processes and workflows.
- You are tactical with careful attention to detail, but able to think more holistically about opportunities for efficiency and team structure.
- Experience articulating creative intent to others and proactively coordinating partners to put ideas into action.
- Being comfortable and confident working in a dynamic environment, partnering with teams to move through the unknown.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in person, in meetings, email and Slack.
- Experience partnering with engineering teams is ideal and with editorial teams a plus.
- Work experience in news media environment and passion about news will be a plus.
This role leads all aspects of the end-to-end design creation processes for Apple News. More specifically: - Oversees project intake, serving as a point person for all new Apple News project requests, getting design teams assigned to new work, conducting a regular status meeting with Design to ensure all content design work across News is accounted for, staffed, and on track. - Leads and manages communications and workflows for Design teams, ensuring effective exchange of information and asset deliverables. - Effectively manages and clearly communicate overall project timelines, deliverables, and resourcing needs. - Navigates competing initiatives and prioritizes resources appropriately, while mitigating associated challenges. - Handles day-to-day critical issues and troubleshooting of production challenges. - Fosters relationships with cross-functional teams to ensure that we’re delivering against asks while creating an environment that allows for innovation. - Works closely with internal and external partner teams to identify more efficient workflows. - Plans, leads, and executes workflows, ensuring effective flow of information as well as deliverables, including but not limited to partnering with external agencies (in order to maintain budgets, briefs, scopes, burn rates, timelines, etc…).
Education & Experience
BA/BS or equivalent experience.