Analyst, Supplier Clean Energy Program
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, excellent ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of our people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple has set a groundbreaking new goal to further reduce our impact on the planet we all share - we are contributing to total carbon neutrality by 2030. The Supplier Clean Energy Program is helping to meet Apple’s 2030 carbon neutrality goal through transitioning our entire supply chain to clean energy. This industry-leading program reduces product-related carbon emissions, crafts a more resilient supply chain, and gives to healthier communities—while also paving the way for others to follow. Apple is seeking world-class talent to join the Supplier Clean Energy Program team and support the Program’s strategy through analysis of the viability of clean energy solutions across multiple technologies and geographies. Your analysis of the risks and returns of innovative clean energy solutions will be critical in enabling Apple to drive increased adoption of renewable energy across its supply chain.
- 3+ years of finance experience; project finance, energy and/or environmental industry preferred
- 2+ years close familiarity with energy project development and project finance of energy projects; renewable energy and Asia experience preferred
- Extraordinary project management experience; run and organize projects with competing priorities and different timescales
- Supreme attention to detail
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills and excel at forming relationships
- Experience working across cross-functional teams, resolving issues and building consensus during the project lifecycle
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, able to communicate technical information in a concise way to a non-technical audience, and vice versa
- Self-motivated, pro-active, self-starter, with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Understanding of various renewable energy technologies, including engineering, economic and policy factors
- Broad understanding of carbon markets, electricity market design and the underlying economic factors is a plus
- East Asia language (Mandarin, Japanese, Korean) skills are a plus.
- In this role, you will support the facilitation and execution of strategic clean energy deals (across multiple technologies and geographies) and will work cross-functionally with Apple Finance, providing financial analysis assistance and deal support. - Analyze country-specific risks and returns of various renewable energy procurement methods available to Apple and its manufacturing partners. - Work closely with Apple Finance to build country-specific renewable energy project models. - Support the monitoring and internal reporting of the Clean Energy Program’s investment portfolio. - Support in generating project pipeline and being responsible for the project due diligence process. - Work with cross-functional energy, environmental, operations, procurement, finance, government affairs and legal teams to champion, drive, and coordinate supplier renewable energy projects and deals.
Education & Experience
- BS/BA degree. Advanced degree in management science, or economics is a plus.