Data Scientist, Apple Pay Analytics - Austin
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
We are looking for a talented, passionate and results-oriented individual to join our team and craft the future of Apple Pay. You are analytically skilled and have strong business acumen. You will be a thought partner to the product and business teams, understand their goals and then use your analytical power to surface actionable insights in support of these goals. Our culture is about getting things done iteratively and rapidly, with open feedback and debate along the way; we believe analytics is a team sport, but we strive for independent decision-making and taking smart risks.
- 5+ years of recent experience in an advanced data analytics role. Prior experience working on driving customer experience improvements is highly desired
- Self directed and have taken projects from concept to delivery.
- Experience with defining analytical business requirements, developing measurement plans and working with cross functional teams towards driving client and server instrumentation
- Experience measuring customer engagement outcomes with a real passion for improving the customer experience through refining the product with testing and optimizations.
- Strong business mindset, possessing the ability to condense complex analysis and technical concepts into clear and concise takeaways for business leaders.
- Excellent presentation, communication and social skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity and juggle between multiple priorities, to lead high quality work adhering to tight deadlines
- Well-versed with SQL. Experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop and Spark preferred.
- Well-versed with Python or R and data visualization tools such as Tableau for full-stack data analysis, insight synthesis and presentation.
- Ability to comprehensively understand data elements, sources and relationships in business and technical terms.
- Strong familiarity with multiple platforms, tools, methodologies in data analysis and insight synthesis.
- Well versed working with predictive and causal problem analysis
- Prior experience working with financial products highly desirable
You will play a key role improving the Apple Pay product experience. As a member of the analytics team you will be supporting a product function. You will partner with business owners, understand goals, craft KPIs and measure ongoing performance. You will initially engage with the product and engineering teams in ensuring that we have the appropriate instrumentation in place to deliver on these metrics. You will subsequently use advanced statistical and ML skills to analyze product performance and identify key insights that inform product improvements and business strategy. The role requires a high degree of independence, ownership and collaboration working cross functionally across all levels of a highly matrixed organization.