Data Scientist, Apple Pay Marketing Analytics - Austin
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
We are looking for a talented, hardworking and results-oriented individual to join our team and develop new insights to help craft the future of Apple Pay. You are skilled analytically as well as have a good business mind. You will be a thought partner to the business, understand their goals and then use your analytics powers to surface actionable insights in support of these goals. You will collaborate with partners across marketing, product, and business teams to drive your recommendations thru fruition. Our culture is about getting things done iteratively and rapidly, with open feedback and debate along the way; we believe analytics is a team sport, but we strive for independent decision-making and taking smart risks.
- You have 5+ years of progressive work experience in marketing analytics
- Expertise in building sophisticated models to improve relevancy of our marketing efforts. Help ensure we send the right message to the right person at the right time!
- Prior experience with measuring the efficacy of various marketing programs using Fixed/Random effects or Mix Modeling
- Prior experience with forecasting and/or market sizing for new initiatives
- Proficient with SQL. Experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop and Spark preferred.
- Familiarity with Python or R and data visualization tools such as Tableau for full-stack data analysis, insight synthesis and presentation.
- Experience with large, complex and fragmented datasets and breaking them down into easy to consume insights.
- Must be able to synthesize complex analytics into simple and straightforward presentations to senior executive.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and have a proven ability to prioritize between multiple priorities to lead high quality work to tight deadlines
- Prior experience working with financial products desirable
You will play a key role in improving the Apple Pay marketing experience. You will engage with the marketing team thru the entire customer lifecycle of acquire, develop, deepen, retain and reactivate and use your analytics expertise to uncover new opportunities as well as guide in the tuning of existing programs. Your Day to Day Activities will Include: Deep dives in large-scale data to identify key insights and opportunities, Supervised and unsupervised learning. A/B testing, creation of synthetic controls, and causal inference. Define how best to measure and monitor Apple Pay marketing initiatives. Build and maintain positive relationships with key partners across the company to optimally deliver actionable insights. Partner with other Apple organizations on data gathering, data governance, democratizing data with reporting tools and evangelizing critical metrics.