AI/ML - Sr System Engineer, Core ML
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
In this dynamic and visible position you will be working on building the next generation of foundational technologies to enable federated learning and distributed ML on Apple devices. We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated engineer to lead our efforts to build a platform that will be deployed on-device to bring new features to our customers. You'll ship code that runs on the devices you use every single day and powers products that are critical to the lives of millions of users. We’re looking for a top-tier developer that is creative, talented, and passionate about great products and fast, iterative development. You enjoy drilling down into performance optimization, moving up to API design, all the way to creating your own frameworks.
- Strong and proven software development skills
- Proficiency in C/C++
- Passion for software architecture, API and development tool design
- Sound understanding of OS concepts like virtual memory, filesystem, process lifecycle and IPC
- Creative, collaborative, and product-focused
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with distributed systems a plus
- Experience in iOS development with Objective-C or Swift a plus
Work includes: Building and maintaining high-performance systems that ship on all device classes (iOS, macOS, tvOS, watchOS). Ensuring high quality and agility with unit and integration tests. You will possess strong skills in object-oriented software design and programming. You are excited about developing new features, maintaining existing code, and contributing to overall system design. Performance analysis and tuning will also be a significant responsibility in your job.
Education & Experience
BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science with 3+ years experience