Media Streaming Engineer (Web Playback)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple's Streaming Media Team, is looking for proactive and hardworking engineers to join our streaming playback team. Our team works on technologies that power streaming media experiences on Apple’s and 3rd party platforms (e.g, iPhone, ATV, 3rd party TV’s, etc). We are looking for engineers who are familiar with video streaming using web based technologies to join our team.
- Strong foundational experience using HTML5 based video playback technologies, including MSE (Media Source Extensions) and EME (Encrypted Media Extensions).
- Exposure to adaptive streaming technologies such as HTTP Live Streaming (HLS), DASH, etc
- Knowledge of media streaming protocols, codecs, and transports/container formats (i.e., MPEG-2, H.264/AVC, AAC, AC3, MP4, MPEG-2 TS, etc) is desirable
- Strong programming skills in C/C++ is desirable
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills using network analysis tools such as WireShark, etc
- A self-starter who possesses strong time management skills with great attention to detail, and the ability to work independently when managing multiple priorities.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in CS/CE or equivalent, with 3+ years of experience