Project Manager, Supplier Clean Energy Program
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, excellent ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of our people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it! Apple has set a groundbreaking new goal to further reduce our impact on the planet we all share - we are committing to total carbon neutrality by 2030. The Supplier Clean Energy Program is helping to meet Apple’s 2030 carbon neutrality goal through transitioning our entire supply chain to clean energy. This industry-leading program reduces product-related carbon emissions, crafts a more resilient supply chain, and contributes to healthier communities—while also paving the way for others to follow. Apple is seeking world-class talent to join the Supplier Clean Energy Program team and support initiatives that will be critical in enabling Apple to drive increased adoption of renewable energy across its supply chain.
- Two or more years of direct experience in energy and/or environmental industry. Alternatively, four or more years of related work experience in project management, economics, consulting or other related business facing roles
- Passionate about renewable energy and combating climate change
- Extraordinary program and project management experience; able to run and coordinate multiple projects with exciting priorities and different timescales
- Supreme attention to detail
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, able to communicate technical information in a concise way to a non-technical audience, and vice versa
- Excel at forming relationships; experience working in and building cross-functional teams, resolving issues and building consensus during the entire project lifecycle
- Verbal and written communication skills, able to communicate technical information in a concise way to a non-technical audience, and vice versa
- Self-motivated, pro-active, self-starter, with confirmed creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Broad understanding of various renewable energy technologies, including engineering, economic and policy factors is a plus
- Broad understanding of electricity market design and the underlying economic factors is a plus
- East Asia language (Mandarin, Japanese, Korean) skills are a plus
- A knack for negotiations
In this role, the Project Manager will: - Support the design and implementation of programs that will enable the business owners at Apple to drive increased adoption of renewable energy across our supply chain. - Support the design and implementation of supplier-capacity building programs. Examples of these types of initiatives are Apple’s Supplier Clean Energy Portal, in-person training, collaboration with industry associations, etc. - Handle technical assistance across a range of energy topics to Apple business owners (i.e. Apple Operations, Procurement, Engineering, etc) and to suppliers across diverse geographies. This includes supporting Apple negotiations with suppliers. - Support coalition-building and broader efforts to promote corporate action that will help decarbonize electricity grids around the world. - Continually look for ways to focus and simplify Clean Energy Program process and strategy.
Education & Experience
- BA/BS degree. Advanced degree in management science, economics or project management is a plus.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. For more information, please click here.
- Apple will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law. If you are applying for a position in San Francisco, please click here.
- Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Learn more.
- Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Learn more.
- Apple is a drug-free workplace. Learn more.