Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
We are seeking a motivated and skilled Fabricator/ Welder. You will work closely and interact with engineers and technicians. Mentors junior shop personnel. Works with EH&S to provide input into safe work practices.
- 6+ years of full time fabrication and welding experience required
- Passionate about fabricating and welding
- Strong work ethic
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to comprehend and retain technical information, including safety critical data and record documentation
- Ability to develop routines for higher efficiency
- Be a self-motivated individual that can be productive throughout the day
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner without compromising quality and safety.
- Be flexible and able to work at a fast pace in constantly changing environment with potentially long hours and tight deadlines
- Ability to learn and teach from prior experience
Perform TIG, MIG, and CMT(bonus) welding on a variety of materials Weld in all positions: vertical, horizontal, flat, and overhead Set up welding equipment (amperage, voltage, wire speed, etc) Read and interpret engineering drawings, weld symbols, and GD&T Bend tubes and cope accordingly Machine components on a manual mill and manual lathe (mandatory) Operate and cut material using plasma and oxyacetylene equipment Work overtime and weekends (as required) Record the consumption of material and supplies Record and track daily operations Maintain a clean, safe, and organized work area
Education & Experience
• High school diploma or GED • Weld certification (preferred)