Head of Internal Communications - News and Channels
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple is where people do the best work of their careers. Work that has an impact on individuals and the world. Work that is exciting and fulfilling. Work that doesn’t always feel like work! Apple's Internal Communications team is seeking a Head of Internal Communications - News and Channels to collaborate on communications for our employees across all businesses and geographies. This position works with internal partners and subject matter experts to help advise, develop, produce and implement communications targeted towards Apple's global employees. Our team informs Apple, whether it’s about our innovative products and services, or the culture and values that drive what we do. You will join us at a time when we are designing the future of how we communicate with and connect employees globally. Internal communications at Apple connects our people to our purpose by bringing our values to life, communicating about products and initiatives, and elevating the employee experience. One way we do this is through the art of storytelling. As a member — and leader — of our News and Channels team, you’ll work with a number of writers, editors, designers, and more to ideate and create innovative, compelling content and campaigns and amplify it across our channels to maximize its reach and impact. You should be high-energy, strategic, proactive, highly-organized and able to thrive in a fast paced, complex environment. The ability to communicate clearly and concisely is a requirement. We are a highly collaborative team and we are seeking someone who will be comfortable working with a number of partners, across many subject areas.
- At least 7+ years successfully leading editorial and content teams, and creating and driving content strategies
- Experience, ideally from a digital agency, corporate communications and/or brand marketing team, or top online publisher or media company
- Strategic thinker—someone who can connect the dots, and knows the difference between a story and what is a proof point to a much larger story
- Is more of a story creator versus story teller, someone who is a proactive, strategic planner of content
- Passion for strengthening corporate culture and productivity, and building community within a global, diverse workforce
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Strong leadership with an emphasis on collaboration, proactivity, and flexibility, and is able to rally people and influence to get things done
- Strong project and program management skills, with the ability to drive multiple projects simultaneously
- Curiosity and a passion for using storytelling to create experiences
- Preference for variety over consistency—predictable patterns of repeated activities—in one’s workday
- Ability to cut through ambiguity
- Aptitude for influencing others and getting people on board with an idea or direction
In this role, you’ll lead Apple’s digital and editorial internal content strategy, enhance our storytelling capabilities, and showcase stories that matter, have impact, and make a difference for our employees. It will be up to you to determine what stories we tell, in what format we tell them, how we amplify them across our owned channels, and what new channels and methods we should explore. The ideal candidate has a journalistic approach, superb writing and copyediting skills, experience creating content strategies that build and grow audiences, and knows how to keep their finger on the pulse of the organization to drive great storytelling opportunities.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree, editorial writing, marketing, or related field preferred.