Energy Efficiency Development Project Manager, Supplier Responsibility
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple is committed to ensuring the highest standards of social responsibility wherever our products are made and the Supplier Responsibility team upholds values around human rights, environment, health and safety in our global supply chain. Apple is seeking world-class talent to join the Supplier Responsibility team and focus on developing and scaling energy efficiency solutions for supply chain partners. The ideal candidate is an experienced professional with a passion for client relationships and thorough knowledge of energy management services, scalable technology solutions, and smart building infrastructure.
- 5+ years in energy services (ESCO), or management consulting (preferably to industrial/manufacturing clients) with an energy efficiency focus
- Working exposure to infrastructure projects (such as smart building services, distributed or renewable energy systems, etc.) that result in facility energy and cost savings
- General knowledge of climate change trends and sustainability concepts
- Ability to influence with concise data driven presentations
- Comfortable with dataset management and data visualization (Tableau experience preferred)
- Exceptional attention to detail, quickly adapts to changing circumstances and stakeholder needs
This role will spend 50% of time building out facility systems efficiency tools, services and training offerings for the supply chain; and 50% of time developing targeted smart factory pilot projects for process efficiency outcomes. Quality at Scale: Oversee content development and supplier experience with Supplier Energy Efficiency’s digital offerings (trainings, virtual audits, eLearning), ensuring that the Supplier Energy Efficiency virtual engagement model is achieving its onboarding targets and that content is available for suppliers to self-manage their energy management systems. Oversee responsiveness, growth and ‘stickiness’ of energy content with suppliers. Design, Build, Sell: Develop demonstration pilot projects at select supplier facilities for energy savings, predictive analytics and reduced failure/downtime, using smart sensors, equipment and building control systems. Execute with key partners in Operations (ex: Ops Test, ML, MD, Product Ops). Cross-functional alignment with ET and Low Carbon Design for energy data readings and impact to carbon models.
Education & Experience
- - Creative and analytical problem solver
- - Excellent communication skills, verbal and written in English. Chinese language preferred but not required.
- - Willingness to travel domestically and internationally (15% time)
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. For more information, please click here.
- Apple will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law. If you are applying for a position in San Francisco, please click here.
- Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Learn more.
- Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Learn more.
- Apple is a drug-free workplace. Learn more.