Marcom, Interactive Retail Writer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple is looking for a Writer to join the Interactive Retail Team. Marcom is Apple’s Global Marketing Communications group. We oversee all of Apple’s advertising, marketing, and customer experiences to ensure the flawless development and execution of world-class communications. Under the guidance of an Associate Creative Director, we write the words that help define the Apple customer shopping experience on the Apple website, the Apple Store App, and on emerging digital platforms. We write headlines (lots of them) and body copy (long and short in length) for direct marketing, retail programs, and apps. We concept ideas for seasonal campaigns and direct marketing. And we craft clear, concise way-finding copy to guide a shopper through a transaction. But there’s a lot more to being a writer at Apple than simply writing copy. On any given day, we are in the trenches with UX Designers, Art Directors, Developers, and Product Managers to build innovative and seamless customer experiences. We use the conceptual side of our brains to come up with ideas, and to solve business problems. And we master the art of turning something extremely complex into something incredibly simple. This role is the chance for you to do the best work of your career – and help redefine how millions of people shop and buy from Apple.
- You have at least five years experience at an advertising agency, digital agency, or in-house creative group for a major or upcoming brand.
- A promising portfolio demonstrating strategic insight and writing talent through advertising campaigns, digital campaigns, apps, and customer experiences.
- A love for writing.
- Strategic and critical thinking.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Enthusiasm for learning the mechanics of a system or the architecture of an experience.
- Willingness to take risks, fail, and learn from mistakes.
- Write beautiful copy that inspires customers to shop for and learn about Apple products. - Write fun, thoughtful headlines that are unmistakably Apple. - Partner with the world’s best Art Directors and UX Designers to create groundbreaking digital concepts, platforms, and shopping experiences. - Confidently articulate ideas and present work to senior creatives and business partners. - Collaborate with ACDs, Apple Product Marketing, Product Managers, Engineers, and Editors to refine (and refine and refine and refine) copy until it’s perfect. - Meet deadlines and keep producers in the loop. - Keep up to date on the latest Apple products, e-commerce trends, and digital technologies.
Education & Experience
A Bachelor’s degree is preferred.