Engineering Project Manager - Strategic Data Solutions
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Engineering Project Managers on our Strategic Data Solutions (SDS) team deliver process and analytic solutions that have a strategic impact on Apple. They drive decision automation using machine learning that allows Apple to execute w/ greater speed, control, efficiency, and scale. They help realize business opportunity and balance operational trade-offs through data science. They are also expected to lead across multiple functional teams to conceptualize, build, and deliver these automated and forensic decisions which requires continuous problem solving, rapid learning, and an innovative mindset. It requires a high level of discipline, patience, and self-awareness as you work with many different business and engineering teams. Most importantly, SDS Project Managers allow Apple to continue to provide extraordinary service to each and every one of its customers. This position is based in Austin, TX.
- Experience in payments, fraud, or financial crimes compliance systems desired
- 5+ years of experience as a program or project manager
- 3+ years work experience leading successful, high-impact technical projects
- 3+ years of working experience as a program or project manager in a data science, big data environment
- Compliance, finance, fraud and digital experience preferred
- Ability to grasp the technical details of complex engineering and analytic issues and provide in-depth evaluations
- Knowledge of technical project management standard methodologies
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to connect with individuals at all levels and develop partnerships
- Experience leading successfully in uncertain and changing environments with competing priorities and minimal resourcing or formal structure.
- Shown ability to lead change through positive influence of co-workers, leadership, and business partners
- Ability to build and deliver effective executive communication
- Inquisitiveness and a desire for continued self-improvement and development of new skill
• Planning and driving multi-functional projects with business partners including internal development projects, leading analytic investigations, facilitating change management initiatives and delivering quarterly business reviews and monthly updates • Work closely with our team of business analysts, data scientists, engineers, and project managers • Develop partnerships with key business leaders across a variety of teams at Apple, to include finance, corporate compliance, corporate legal, operations, engineering, and corporate security • Translate business needs into initiatives with well-defined business requirement • Identify new business opportunities and develop solutions that balance impact, cost, resourcing, timeline, likelihood of success, and analytic risk • Develop and prioritize analytic development sprints • Manage business critical metrics • Effectively communicate project status and analytic results • Employees work independently, grasp new concepts quickly, and are capable of leading analytic and integration projects down to the details. • Work well under limited supervision and use good judgment to know when to update and seek guidance from team members, partners, and leadership. • Communicate with various levels of the organization and shift rapidly between communications styles (technical review through executive update).
Education & Experience
• BS / MS in technical field (engineering, math, computer science, or similar)