Senior iOS Systems Engineer - HealthKit
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
“I believe, if you zoom out into the future, and you look back, and you ask the question, ‘What was Apple’s greatest contribution to mankind?’ it will be about health.” —Tim Cook, 2019 At Apple, we make products that empower people to improve their health. We’re looking for talented systems engineers to join a team of highly skilled engineers who fulfill that mission and expand the health-related capabilities of watchOS, iOS and other Apple platforms.
- Experience leading teams to design, build, and ship software
- Experience working on developer-facing frameworks or libraries
- Experience optimizing applications and profiling throughout the stack
- Ability to diagnose and resolve multi-threading and memory issues
- Knowledge of iOS programming and one or more Apple technologies such as Grand Central Dispatch, CloudKit, XPC Activity/Services
- Familiarity with databases (e.g., SQLite)
- Strong Objective-C/C++ programming skills
- Solid understanding of fundamental computer science concepts
As a member of the team you’ll have the opportunity to work with experts in their field to expand the functionality of the Health app and HealthKit framework and support the broader health related efforts at Apple. This position requires a self-motivated engineer with strong technical and communication skills to handle responsibilities including: -We develop solutions to address unique problems in the Health space such as Health data modeling, data storage efficiency, and data query performance -We design and build features used by millions of users, that can be used within the technical constraints of small, low-power devices -We develop logical, scalable, forward-thinking APIs -We collaborate with and advise other teams at Apple -Coordinate with the quality assurance team to ensure full test coverage as well as focused testing of all features -We participate in and influence architecture and code reviews -Build internal tools as needed to help ship high-quality software
Education & Experience
BS Computer Science or equivalent experience. Various experience levels encouraged to apply.