Art Director, Podcasts, Media Products Design
Culver City, California, United States
Apple Podcasts Content Design is in search of a world-class Art Director with experience in new media and editorial content design to join our team in Culver City, CA. We are looking for a visual designer, communicator and problem solver who wants to have their hands in several things at once; who can deliver end-to-end design across formats and technologies; and who can collaborate well.
- Must be flexible, and have the ability to adjust to design scenarios.
- Must have a strong understanding of systems design and branding strategy.
- Must have experience leading all aspects of a design team, delegating work to designers at different levels and assuring that projects of varying degrees of complexity are executed beautifully and delivered on time
- Demonstrates strong user experience sensibilities with an uncanny level of curiosity
- Keeps up with the evolving landscape of available tools, technologies and resources
- Collaborates with Creatives, Creative Producers, Business Owners and Executives to solve complex problems with simple solutions
- Has experience developing prototypes for a variety of platforms and use cases; can rapidly prototype their ideas across a myriad of Apple devices, experiences and scenarios
- Has a passion for nurturing relationships, managing and mentoring creatives, and can use that rapport to align teams around a vision
- Has a keen understanding of local market creative and cultural nuances
- Ability to work globally across time zones, date lines and traditional routine
- Experience and passion for culture, music and musical talent-related content is important; able to recognize and stay ahead of design trends in that industry
We are a product design team responsible for Media Apps that millions of people use every day. We are responsible for researching, crafting and executing conceptual designs based on creative briefs and partnerships with the editorial and business teams while also designing, directing, and delivering creative for curated content on the Apple Podcasts platform. As an Art Director, you'll be dedicated to shaping visual design systems and brand voice while maintaining a deep understanding of digital content curation. You will be expected to move fluidly between crafting outstanding visual solutions yourself, and art-directing external vendors such as agencies, illustrators, and photographers.
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience preferred
- - Experience in Editorial design in new media.
- - Experience in managing a team
- - Portfolio demonstrating modern design with a creative edge in new media.
- - 4+ years of experience in design.
- - Passion for Apple brand and steadfast in preserving its authenticity.