Engineering Manager, Game Center Frameworks
Seattle, Washington, United States
Software and Services
Game Center offers our customers a single gaming identity across Apple platforms land enables features like leaderboards, achievements, multiplayer functionality, and more. Developers are able to to easily integrate Game Kit into their game and gamers on the platform enjoy consistent functionality in the games they play. The Game Center team is looking for a senior technical leader to help craft, collaborate and execute next steps in gaming. https://developer.apple.com/game-center/
- Shown ability to hire, grow, and mentor an engineering team
- History of shipping developer or internal APIs
- Passionate about the developer experience and how we can improve it
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with technical and non-technical partners
- Excellent problem solving and debugging skills are required
- Strong hands-on experience with iOS/macOS development and writing Objective-C and Swift
- Experience using and understanding CFNetwork
- An understanding of multithreaded concepts and patterns
- An understanding of socket programming
We are looking for an engineering manager to lead the Game Center frameworks team. You’ll be responsible for the developer APIs and architecture supporting multiplayer gaming, achievements, leaderboards, challenges and the new Game Center dashboard. You’ll work cross functionally throughout Apple to build engaging developer and customer experiences in the Gaming space. We’re looking for an experienced manager to continue to bring this team forward — if you feel this is you, we’d love to hear from you.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, and equivalent work experience.