Apple Media Products - Big Data Analyst, Analytics Engineering
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
- Experience in data analytics with proficient SQL or other data query language skills.
- Able to find insights and trends from data accurately with attention to details, document, communicate, and present in concise manner.
- Strong programming skills in Scala, Python, or similar languages.
- Experience with Hadoop and Spark.
- Understand the business implication of metrics based on web/app user experience event data such as clickstream, play, commerce transactions.
- Strong sense of initiative and ability to drive projects run by multi-functional team to completion.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
We are looking for an individual with a passion for solving sophisticated data problems with attention to detail, and logical thinking skills. In the growing Apple Media Products Analytics Engineering team you will perform data analysis, and dig into rich user experience big data to find out the root cause of data issues. You will facilitate technical business discussions to determine the right technical resolution to seek business problems. You will collaborate with leading data scientists, crafting out data curations and annotations for building data science and machine learning solutions. Upon investigation results and working with data scientists, you will design data pipelines and significant metrics so that the team can monitor and detect anomalies earlier. You will also identify potential areas of risks that could collapse the pipeline or harm a quality of data output. This is an extraordinary opportunity to work on real big data with the latest technologies, and contribute to Apple’s data quality and privacy initiatives!
Education & Experience
Bachelor or Master's degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Business Analytics, or equivalent experience. Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.