Conversational Business Analyst
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Support and Service
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. The Conversational Business Analyst will be responsible for supporting the Conversational Support team’s ongoing analysis, dialog design, and configuration activities, all of which have a direct impact the customer experience for Apple Support customers in conversational channels like Business Chat and WeChat. This will include updating setups and configurations, providing regular performance and usage analysis, and supporting Agile software development cycles in partnership with Product Owners.
- 2+ years of relevant or transferable experience.
- Experience collaborating with engineers and data scientists on technical projects.
- Experience working cross-functionally within a company.
- Experience working with teams based outside the U.S.
- Experience in a customer experience or support function a plus.
- Customer orientation: Incorporates customer impact in all activities with the goal of improving overall experience and usability while keeping associated costs low. Maintains a focus on customer experience and consistency with Apple product customer experience.
- Detail & Data Oriented: Focuses on the details that result in success. Ability to quickly understand data and support all facets of analysis including: data acquisition, data management, quality audits and presentation of results. Actively uses data to support recommendations or to find opportunities and report on result.
- Technical Knowledge: Possesses a foundational understanding of natural language processing principles, machine learning concepts, data analysis, and contact center systems and technologies.
- Strong project-management skills: Works closely with business owners to define specific documentation requirements for initiatives and programs. Accurately scopes length and difficulty of multiple tasks and projects. Sets objectives and goals for self and team. Breaks work down into realistic process steps. Identifies risks and communicates them to partners and management. Anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks. Measures performance against goals. Evaluates results and holds self and others accountable.
- Quality and results focus: Has good eye for business with a strong quality ethos. Meets commitments and drives closure to open items. Provides regular status updates to partners and management. Summarizes issues to key points and actions required. Drives day-to-day program activities to meet overall program objectives.
- Communication and relationship management: Establishes strong working relationship with peers and partners to address cross-functional processes and inspire changes outside of the team. Communicates concisely and clearly in oral and written forms. Actively resolves issues.
- User Experience: Represent the customer perspective across the entire Online Support experience. Articulate key customer support intents to partners influencing and impacting design, architecture, and content.
As a Business Analyst for Conversational Support, you will configure, set-up, and maintain Apple Support conversation dialog flows in dialog management systems, and perform regular in-depth analysis of customer feedback and dialog performance. This includes reviewing NLP machine learning classifications, as well as using other conversational KPIs, to inform improvements and enhancements to the configurations and overall automated dialog experience. In addition to the analysis work itself, you will develop and iterate on a set of standard methodologies and processes for that analysis, including ways to implement findings that result in the most impactful improvements for our customers. You will find opportunities and make recommendations for enhancements to the configuration tools and customer-facing features, based on data and other insights, with the goal of improving the customer experience for Apple Support customers while also aligning to business and organizational goals. In doing so, you will assess both customer & business needs, generate and propose innovative consumer-focused solutions, provide input on prioritization accordingly, and bring up where necessary.
Education & Experience
BA/BS required in relevant field