Engineering Manager - iOS Application Quality Engineering
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Have you been looking for a ground floor opportunity to lead an Apple team working on a novel health project? If yes, then look no further! We are looking for a passionate and experienced manager to lead an Application Quality Engineering team responsible for qualifying an application that is at the heart of a unique and complex system designed to improve people’s health. We are looking for a passionate leader who is driven to play a key role in qualifying iOS and watchOS applications and the backend systems these application integrate with. As a member of our fast-paced group at Apple, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to shape and improve this first in class application that encourages people to live healthy lives as well as enables cutting edge research into new health features.
- 5+ years experience as a Software Quality Manager preferably for mobile applications.
- Customer Focused: Passionate about user-focused design, high-quality applications, and what we can do to improve it
- Team Builder: Proven track record demonstrating the ability to attract, hire, motivate and develop the best engineers
- Exec Presence: Ability to summarize key points and tie them back to the customer experience
- Technically Agile: Ready to deep dive into technical areas when needed but also discuss these topics to a non-technical audience
- Priority Driven: At ease working in a continually changing, dynamic environment and driving top issues to resolution
- Highly organized, creative, motivated, and passionate about achieving results
- Preferred Experience with managing an engineering team focused on: Cloud services and data processing (RESTful services, JSON), iOS Application development , UI Automation development, UI/UX testing
As the manager of the Application Quality Engineering team, you will be responsible for providing direction to your team members, establishing validation strategies and schedules to ensure exceptional quality and an end user experience, driving automation efforts to improve engineering efficiency, guiding the team in design and implementation of test plans , reporting on the quality of the latest build of the application, and mentoring and coaching your team. You should be at ease working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment in which developing and cultivating partnerships with multi-functional teams is key to long-term success. You will need to be resourceful, always look for creative ways to tackle problems and increase your team’s impact at Apple. Responsibilities include: Partnering with development teams to assist in design solutioning and scoping of feature validation. Developing validation strategies and schedules. Directing and reviewing validation tasks/work from test engineering contractors. Tracking performance, reporting results to management, driving issues to closure. Collaborating with cross-functional teams, guaranteeing complete test coverage and a flawless end user experience.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in CS/CPE/EE or related degree
- AN EXCELLENT CANDIDATE WILL:
- Thrive in uncertain, rapid project schedules, being able to quickly shift priorities and maximize testing time.
- Strive to innovate and try new things, incorporating continuous improvement of testing methods
- Have strong interpersonal and leadership skills to make critical decisions impacting product quality and drive results from your team and external stakeholders.