Battery Algorithm Simulation Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
At Apple, we believe new ideas have a way of becoming outstanding products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! Are you interested to work on the forefront of Battery Management Systems? In this role you will evaluate the performance of cutting-edge BMS technologies for current and future Apple products with a hardworking team of engineers in a highly reciprocal and multi-functional environment. The ideal individual will be proficient in this field, who has experience developing and commercializing robust battery management solutions for consumer, industrial, telecom or automotive products. Be a part of a team developing new class of battery systems involving algorithms, architectures and products as we improve the utility of batteries.
- General understanding of control theory and lithium ion battery modeling. Knowledge of commercially available battery management technology is a plus.
- Experienced in using Matlab for data analysis and presentation, excellent debugging skills to tackle challenging problems. Working knowledge in C/C++ is a plus.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills and ability to use statistical tools and techniques to support proposed solutions.
- Self-starter with excellent time management skills and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Ability to articulate design issues and path to resolution both verbally and with documentation.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and comfortable working in a dynamic environment.
The BMS team is looking for battery algorithm simulation engineer to support advanced battery and power management algorithms and software evaluation for various Apple products. Working with a cross-function team including algorithms, software, and system engineers, you will be required to build SW tools and execute numerical simulations to evaluate the performance of innovative BMS algorithms.
Education & Experience
B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent