AI/ML - Machine Learning Engineer, Siri Search & Knowledge Platform
Seattle, Washington, United States
Machine Learning and AI
The Siri Search & Knowledge Platform team is building groundbreaking technology for algorithmic search, machine learning, natural language processing, and artificial intelligence. The features we build are redefining how hundreds of millions of people use their computers and mobile devices to search and find what they are looking for. Siri’s universal search engine powers search features across a variety of Apple products, including Siri, Spotlight, Safari, Messages and Lookup. As part of this group, you will work with one of the most exciting high performance computing environments, with petabytes of data, millions of queries per second, and have an opportunity to imagine and build products that delight our customers every single day.
- Excellent programming skills in Python and Java
- Experience working with large data sets and pipelines, ideally using the Apache software stack (e.g. Spark, HBase)
- Broad knowledge of computer science and systems; ability to quickly learn new domains
- Proven system development skills in UNIX-type OS (e.g. Linux, Mac OS)
- Excellent problem-solving and analytic skills
- Good interpersonal skills and teamwork
- Real passion for building phenomenal products
- Curiosity to learn
Apple is hiring a ML engineer for Siri's Knowledge team. You'll be working at the frontier of AI, crunching massive amounts of data for Siri's knowledge base. In a dynamic, continuously-integrated environment, you'll design and implement robust, scalable data/ML pipelines capable of processing an ever-growing data set while keeping latency low and quality high. You'll work closely with diverse data sources to integrate new knowledge, and with engineers from across Siri to deliver knowledge for customer-facing services. Your responsibilities will also include developing tools and tests to ensure quality and help diagnose issues.
Education & Experience
BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science, Data Science or related field