AI/ML - User Researcher Data Scientist, Siri
Seattle, Washington, United States
Machine Learning and AI
Apple is looking for a data scientist to conduct and analyze user-centered studies that will advise the future development of Siri. The ideal candidate will be able to design and analyze new user studies in conjunction with other external and internal data sources to provide definitive guidance to the product team. The ideal candidate would be proficient in machine learning, python, and have conducted extensive in person user studies before using crowds to tabulate the results.
- Master’s (Ph.D preferred) with a concentration or extensive work in experimental psychology, user experience research, human factors, linguistics, cognitive science, and/or human-computer interaction.
- Experience designing in person user-experience studies
- Experience conducting in-person research sessions or experience in fields requiring outstanding interpersonal and behavioral observation skills
- Experience data cleaning, processing, and management
- Experience performing structured and ad-hoc data analysis
- Proficiency in scientific method, statistical analysis, spreadsheet software, and practical coding skills (Python, Matlab, R)
- Experience with executive reporting
- Create in-person user experience studies. Specific tasks include: Define protocol and testing methods, define hypothesis and analysis, and choose demographics desired and statistical power needed. - Conduct in-person user experience studies. Specific tasks include: administer screening and consent forms, interview and debrief participants, observe behavior, and perform user-centered research and evaluation - Analyze in-person user experience study data. Specific tasks include: receive, clean, organize, analyze, and store confidential data from multiple simultaneous user studies - Present data to executives and engineering managers. Specific tasks include: build presentations for platform and local engineering managers, create presentations for senior management and give presentations to partners - Work with internal partners to define research protocols and develop standard methodologies for conducting user research - Work with other researchers to design study-specific data collection tools
Education & Experience
MS/PhD in Psychology, Human-Computer Interaction or Equivalent