Programming Lead, Today at Apple
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Today at Apple is the brand for all Apple Retail experiential programming — which includes daily hands-on educational sessions, high-profile events and performances, kids' learning sessions, and more — across our 500+ stores globally. Physical programming is supported by virtual sessions and digital experiences that engage our customers, helping them get more out of their products and take their creativity to the next level!
- 10+ years working in creative and cultural environments, with 5+ years' experience leading teams.
- Experience working in complex and fast-paced organizations, and with global, multi-market/language projects.
- Ability to manage high-visibility cross-functional projects successfully, working with business partners at the leadership level.
- Deep knowledge of and passion for educational pathways for youth, and an understanding of youth culture, experience, and pulse.
- Proficient at crafting a strategic approach — not just tactics — that not only encompass a 5-year vision, but also narrows down each year's mission to get there.
- Synthesizes large amounts of information into tangible insights (YouTube strategy, curriculum guidance, editorial presence, downloadable).
- Keeps in mind larger program goals, offering innovative solutions and ideas for further impact.
- Work is grounded in what’s needed now, but also has an eye toward what could be.
- Ability to facilitate collaboration in cross-functional, decision-making environments.
- Requires strong story-telling skills that motivate clear messages.
- Can synthesize needs from a programming perspective on all levels (city, country, geo, WW).
- Experience working with international peers to define and pressure test global strategy.
- Strong learning agility: can listen, learn, and apply insights into a changing landscape.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Phenomenal at driving the big picture and overarching mission, but also happy to get into the weeds and to get things done.
- Highly-organized with great attention to detail; adept at handling project plans, priorities, work-back schedules, budgets, issue-tracking, and status reports across multiple work streams.
- Deeply credible in and passionate about culture and creativity — with experience conceiving and leading all aspects of cultural experiences and major events, including logistics and talent. Has outstanding strategic cut-through and story-telling skills, and is a creative force!
The Programming Lead will be responsible for developing and executing a brand new global program—an Apple initiative that's intended to take advantage of our retail presence in major metros, and to provide youth from under-represented communities with inspiration, support, and opportunities to put their creativity and imagination to use. The Lead will be charged with scaling the program, and will engage with youth and communities from around the world by forging innovative partnerships. Working across the Today at Apple leadership team, the Lead will ensure the program is aligned to Today at Apple's overarching strategy and roadmap. The role will also ensure city-specific plans align to program's overarching strategy, and that all content and experiences — physical and digital — are world class. Acting as an internal spokesperson for the initiative, the Programming Lead will drive partnerships with leadership to support partner integration. The Lead will also ensure accessible experiences within the program are available to diverse community audiences, and will analyze, share, and act upon feedback — identifying ways to enhance our customers' experiences and our strategy. There's also a need to develop, plan, keep track of, evaluate, report on, and provide insights on the program's results, challenges, and opportunities. The Lead will act as an approachable point of contact for the consideration of ideas, concepts, and opportunities from all involved parties, all while ensuring legal and BA compliance. Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.