Maps Software Project Manager & Field Tester
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple’s Maps Evaluation group is seeking a motivated, Field Test Engineer with strong project management, problem solving, and communication skills, to help the Maps team create and ship great map products. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- Experienced with Apple software and hardware.
- Project management or related experience.
- A track record of shepherding projects through successful delivery.
- Easily builds connections and alliances with partner teams.
- Passion for user-focused design and obsession with a seamless customer experience.
- Comfortable and adaptable in a fast-paced and informal environment.
- Aptitude to independently learn new technologies.
- History of bringing structure and defining process in testing new domains.
- Ability to deliver solid work on tight schedules.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Creative thinker with an unwillingness to accept the status quo.
- Strong problem solver.
The ideal candidate is a brilliant problem solver, quick study, self starter, and excellent communicator with a passion for shipping quality products. Ability to think on your feet and push for innovation to deliver results in a fast paced environment is a must. Our field testers work closely with the data science and development teams to ensure the Maps organization ships the highest quality application. The candidate should possess the ability to quickly grasp and distill highly complex matters into clean, understandable reports. The candidate must also be an effective diplomat with strong communication and organizational skills.
Education & Experience
Relevant work experience preferred.
- Must have:
- Ability to write detailed and precise instructions for non-technical people.
- Must be able to walk up to 10 miles per day outdoors.
- Willing to travel up to 40%.
- Language Skills: English required, additional languages a plus.
- Nice to have:
- Familiarity with iOS, Mac OS, watchOS, or Apple hardware.
- Experience training groups of people.
- Technical experience related to: scripting, development, or data science is a plus.