IT Internal Auditor
Austin, Texas, United States
Do you love thinking analytically? Are you passionate about using your knowledge to navigate complex challenges? Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Just as our customers find value in Apple products, the Finance group finds value for both Apple and its shareholders. As part of this group, you’ll play an integral role in ensuring our day-to-day financial health. You and your team will support Apple’s growth, both top and bottom line, by applying the same level of innovation toward financial matters as we do toward our products and services. Finance is essential to upholding our global dedication to perfection, and it is directly responsible for shaping the company’s future. Join us, and you’ll have a role in continuing Apple’s legacy of efficiency and success. The Apple Internal Audit Department is designed to be a third line of defense audit function. Your role will be to lead audits of various IT risks to the business and cross functional second line of defense programs related to IT governance, strategy, infrastructure, security, applications, processes and operations. This is a high visibility role on a small team within Apple and provides the successful candidate with an opportunity to contribute to the organizations’ control environment while also gaining exposure to many projects, corporate initiatives, technology and business areas. Apple Internal Audit team members gain a broad perspective across the Company through varied assignments, audit engagements, and special projects. Travel is not typical, but may be required domestically or internationally. This position is based in Austin, TX.
- 5+ years of IT audit experience within a "Big 4" accounting/consulting environment and/or experience conducting IT Audits in a multi-national company
- Strong knowledge of IT practices, including applications and infrastructure, security and vulnerability assessments, change control, data centers, asset management, business continuity, data privacy, and IT risk assessment
- Proven understanding of concepts related to information systems audit, information security, general IT controls, application controls and technology risks
- Proficient in conducting reviews of highly technical areas including current/emerging technologies and key layers of IT such as networks, databases, cloud services and applications, data and cyber security, operating systems, firewalls, third party risk, etc.
- Knowledge of external leading risk and controls frameworks such as COBIT (Control Objectives for Information and related Technology), NIST and ISO27000
- IT related internal controls experience in conducting IT security and contract audits of vendors, contractors and business partners that support the Company
- Develop, design, and execute IT audit plans and programs using a risk-based approach
- Familiarity with auditing in an integrated systems environment such as SAP; SAP experience ideal
- Good project management and organization skills; ability to multitask
- Good problem identification and analytical skills
- Ability to develop and write meaningful reports, good communication/presentation skills, and ability to articulate technology risk to business impact
- Motivated self-starter who works well individually and in teams
- Excellent written and verbal English skills required
- Proficient in presentation, spreadsheets, and word processing
Apple is looking for a hands-on and highly motivated IT Internal Auditor. If you are an effective communicator and a self-starter who can work independently as well as in teams to conduct audits and system/business process reviews, this is for you. - Working closely with the team to conduct IT audits, risk assessments, process reviews throughout Apple’s global operations - Diagnose IT business risks and operational improvement opportunities - Provide technical and quality insight regarding IT risks and controls and technologies - Develop close but independent working relationships with IT and other business area management as necessary - Develop recommendations to mitigate IT risk and improve IT controls - Develop reports and presentations on project findings and recommendations to senior management - Support or lead special projects - Monitor process and policy changes throughout an organization
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems Management, Computer Science, Information Assurance, or a related field. A Masters or MBA is a plus. Industry recognized certification such as Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or CIS Security Professional (CISSP) preferred. Other certifications such as Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) are a plus.