Database Engineer (Seattle OR Austin)
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Are you passionate about building high-performance, high scalability and availability database systems that support Apple’s growth today and into the future? Are you seeking an environment where you can drive innovation? Does the prospect of working with top engineering talent get you charged up? If so, please read ahead. Data Services Team is looking for a hardworking Database Engineer with over 5 years of increasing experience for its Austin office. The Database Engineer will engineer solutions for multiple database technologies (Oracle mainly), and will in charge of fast-paced, sophisticated distributed database environments supporting OLTP systems across multiple platforms. A strong candidate will be able to rapidly tackle complex technical problems in escalating high pressure situations, implement solutions that are massively scalable, while leading multiple customer groups. Deep knowledge of Oracle Database concepts, strong administration experience, and excellent interpersonal communication skills are required.
- Experienced in designing and managing databases with a strong understanding of database concepts, troubleshooting skills and root cause analysis
- Extensive experience in Oracle Golden Gate with hands on experience in deploying Active Setups, Conflict Detection, Log Dump analysis and Veridata.
- Extensive experience in managing database setups using FSFO with/without GG, Load balancer / Net Scaler configurations, Application Continuity.
- Expertise in Oracle 12c/19c Configuration and Administration.
- Validated experience in new features of Oracle in 19c and in handling VLDB.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, solid collaboration skills.
- Experience in automation/dev-ops using Jenkins and strong scripting experience.
- Strong Unix Internals experience.
- Experience in Cloud Deployments on AWS/GCP
- Experience in Redis or MongoDB (2+ years)
Design, architect, build and continuously develop a high performance and highly available database infrastructure. Use various Partitioning schemes to optimize the database performance for scalability. Work closely with Application team in advancing their strategic initiatives. Support various load tests from Application teams during ramp up period. Support various database maintenance activities like Oracle Database Upgrades, Patch Management, User Management and RMAN backups. Setup Golden Gate Active environments for databases which in same geographic locations and across. Setup FSFO with and without Golden Gate for high availability and implement no data loss solution. Deploy new 19c features for high availability. Deploy Golden Gate CDR functions to handle conflict. Develop innovation, strategies, processes and best practices. Recommend and implement new features of Oracle database for high availability, scalability. Create Automation for repeating database tasks. Implement industry-wide best practices and daily health checks with in host server and database environments. Work closely with Internal Infra teams on infra strategies, operational readiness, engineering standards and designs.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Nice to have:
- Python Programming
- Experience in deploying Veridata
- AWS / GCP experience (2+ years)