Engineering Project Manager – Identity and Access Management
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly! Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We are looking for people with proven track record of managing sophisticated multi-functional projects under demanding timelines. This is a hands-on position where the Project Manager will be involved in requirement analysis, functional and technical design discussions, supervising the projects E2E including development, testing, product roll out and support.
- Experience with application design, integration and deployment in a coordinated global IT environment
- Extraordinary communication and presentation skills (written and verbal) to all levels of an organization
- Strong facilitation skills (requirements sessions, design meetings, progress and status meetings)
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, for collaborating across many participating teams
- Ability of drive decisions, inspire change and resolve issues effectively
- Excellent analytical demeanor and attention to detail, especially in predicting and preventing potential future challenges
- Hands-on information security experience in large enterprise environments.
- Strong technical background, Familiarity with Java, SOA, J2EE, Object Oriented Programming and Oracle
- Knowledge and experience with Identity Management solutions, Kerberos, SSO, OAuth, SAML, Encryption, PKI
- Ability to lead project constraints time, cost and quality
- 5+ years general IT/IS experience and systems development
- 4+ years project/program management experience
Apple's Identity Management team is seeking an Engineering Project Manager to join a world-class Identity Management Services Team. This is an Engineering PM role in a multifaceted and fast paced environment. The candidate will need to have solid project management skills, in both waterfall and agile environment. Additionally, a background in identity and access management concepts is very desirable. This professional will be responsible to work with multi-functional technical and business teams during software development process. Candidate is able to prioritize issues and manage the details as well as the big picture. Being able to think on your feet is important, as is the ability to efficiently debate the validity of a given approach to any aspect of a project under your control. The ideal candidate is detailed, organized self-starter, self-motivated, with a strong sense of ownership and personal responsibility. • Drive and ship large, multi-functional projects and feature areas • Lead all aspects of multiple concurrent features including scope, requirements, and timelines • Collaborate with a variety of cross and multi-functional team members from a diverse array of groups across the company • Lead multi-functional projects with only consultative direction from management • Plan and handle a portfolio of projects, setting priorities, measurable objectives and run change • Run communications on status and issues to team members, management and other project partners • Collect and review business requirements, ensure visibility and establish expectations for services requested • Drive design for business requirements
Education & Experience
BS degree in computer science or information management plus 5+ years or MS degree plus 3+ years’ experience or equivalent.