Data Scientist, Apple Pay Analytics - NYC
New York City, New York, United States
Software and Services
We are looking for a hands on senior seasoned analytics professional to join our team and craft the future of Apple Pay. You are analytically skilled and have strong business acumen. You will be a thought partner to the product and business teams, understand their goals and then use your analytical power to surface actionable insights in support of these goals. Our culture is about getting things done iteratively and rapidly, with open feedback and debate along the way. We believe analytics is a team sport, but we strive for independent decision-making and taking smart risks.
- Top-tier data scientist with 7+ years of demonstrated experience in an advanced analytics role in the financial / fintech space, preferably analyzing credit products.
- Prior experience hiring, managing and growing high performing talent is very desirable
- Self directed and have taken projects from concept to delivery.
- Experience defining business requirements, developing measurement plans and working with cross functional teams towards driving client and server instrumentation
- Strong business mindset, possessing the ability to condense complex analysis and technical concepts into clear and concise takeaways for business leaders.
- Excellent presentation, communication and social skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity and juggle between multiple priorities, to lead high quality work adhering to tight deadlines
- Ability to comprehensively understand data elements, sources and relationships in business and technical terms.
- Expertise with SQL, R or Python and data visualization tools such as Tableau for full-stack data analysis, insight synthesis and presentation. Well versed with applying Statistical and ML techniques. Experience working with big data technologies such as Hadoop and Spark preferred.
You will play a key role improving the Apple Pay product experience. As a member of the analytics team you will be supporting a product function. You will partner with business owners, understand goals, craft KPIs and measure ongoing performance. You will initially engage with the product and engineering teams in ensuring that we have the appropriate instrumentation in place to deliver on these metrics. You will subsequently use advanced statistical, ML and analytical techniques to analyze product performance and identify key insights that inform product improvements and business strategy. The role requires a high degree of independence, ownership and collaboration working cross functionally across all levels of a highly matrixed organization.
Education & Experience
Master’s degree in Economics, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or relevant field.