3rd Party App Compatibility, Tester
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! Apple’s 3rd Party App Compatibility team is looking for a curious, tenacious individual with strong communication skills and attention to detail. The primary responsibility of this role is identifying bugs within third-party apps on future iOS, macOS, tvOS, iPadOS, and watchOS releases, ensuring a high-quality customer experience when Apple ships software updates and new devices.
- 4+ years of validated experience working in Software Quality Assurance on Apple OS platforms
- Ability to identify and investigate difficult problems and independently work towards results
- Creative thinker and strong problem solver with meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Understanding of and experience with the SDLC and QA’s role in it
- Experience with macOS or Linux command line
- Highly organized, creative, motivated, and passionate about achieving results
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are needed to facilitate close interaction with development teams, management, and other organizations within Apple
In the 3rd Party App Compatibility team, we champion the customer experience. We want customers' apps to work great after every OS update. Since third-party apps are so detailed, this position interacts with virtually every aspect of iOS, macOS, iPadOS, tvOS, and watchOS. With all the ways third-party apps can use the OS, this position is multi-functional in nature, interacting with multiple development and project management teams. We are responsible for performing periodic regression testing, manual ad-hoc (black box) testing of 3rd party apps, identifying areas suitable for automation, and providing assistance and feedback to multi-functional teams.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of one or more Scripting or Programming Languages including Swift, Objective C, Python, etc. is a plus