WW Operations Project Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new insights have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Our team is looking for a project manager to join our Business Process Re-engineering (BPR) group to support the S/4 Hana transformation and Sustaining Business Operations for the Worldwide Operations organization. Are you a strategic problem solver who excels at tactical execution? Do you love to tackle problems and have an uncanny knack for process optimization and transformation? As part of our Worldwide BPR group, you'll be responsible for implementing strategies, tools and processes that enable the business to grow, increase efficiencies, and drive innovation while improving customer experience. These solutions are typically new technical capabilities and/or the transformation of business processes to support a constantly evolving supply chain. You'll also be delivering key initiatives that support a broad, cohesive operations supply chain strategy.
- Led projects in transformation for SAP S/4 Hana for Quote to Cash, Procure to Pay, Make to Build, Supply Chain Enablement, Customer / Vendor / Material Master, Security and roles, etc.
- Experience with Operations and various Supply Chain functions e.g. Deliver, Inventory management, Forecasting, and Reverse Logistics.
- Prior experience in SDLC project management and analysis including scoping / timeline management, documenting use cases, process flows/swim lane diagrams, requirements (BRD) etc, UAT, change management, etc.
- Self-motivated individual with strong communication and presentation skills, flexible, open working style and an ability to establish trust and credibility quickly.
- Has lead efforts in Solutions design that are scalable, stable, and efficient with a customer focus
- Experience with Project Management methodologies (Agile, waterfall, scrum) and tools
- Experienced in collaborating with Implementation Partners
- A proven track record in sustaining operations and continuous improvement initiatives
- Has the ability and passion to grow their technical expertise
- Is highly adaptable, can pivot seamlessly to changing business priorities
We work closely with the business teams to become functional leaders in key supply chain processes and related solutions needs. This includes cross functional processes for enabling OEM onboarding, Distribution Centers, Logistics Carriers, Forecasting and Planning processes, Inventory Management, Order management including allocation, optimization and fulfillment, Reverse logistics, Manufacturing setup and management include FAI, Quality & defect management, Recall processes for quality excursion, Product Life cycle management, Engineering BOM management, and Part setup processes. Understanding and analyzing the business problems at the root and not just solving for the symptom is crucial to the success of this role. You will focus on recommending process innovation and efficiencies through process analysis. Use cases, observations, industry trends, standard methodologies (Design Thinking, Six Sigma, Lean), leading-edge technology and process improvement ideas to challenge the status quo and deliver extraordinary customer-focused solutions. Lead technology projects through the full Software Development Life Cycle - from mobilization to problem definition, prioritization, requirements, design, business readiness, testing and implementation. Negotiate with x-functional teams and business partners to remove barriers and get results, without compromising the overall quality of the end deliverable. Engage with leadership, business partners, and engineering teams to develop a project timeline, key achievements, and a communication plan. Prepare the business for the change: Ensuring from the very start of the project, there is a change management plan in place. Ensure project objectives have been met and proper project closure with complete lessons learned.
Education & Experience
BS or equivalent degree in Business management, Computer Science, Engineering or related field required. MBA degree preferred. Preferred: PMP, Six Sigma and APICS certification Preferred certifications in SAP ECC and S/4 Hana.