Legal Counsel - Apple Media Services (Apple Music, Apple TV)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love taking on big challenges without precedent? Do you possess a deep knowledge of the legal field and a passion for innovation? As a part of our Legal group, you’ll help uphold Apple’s high ethical and corporate standards, as well as defend our intellectual property. Working for a company that invents entire categories and industries means you’ll be challenged to creatively apply your deep legal expertise to rare and often unexplored aspects of the law. Together with your team, you’ll provide the critical support needed worldwide for all Apple products and businesses. Apple Media Services’ Legal group seeks an exceptional attorney to add to its product counsel team, which supports Apple TV+, Apple TV app, Apple Music, Shazam, and other entertainment services worldwide.
- 4+ years relevant experience working on a broad set of legal issues, including some combination of intellectual property, commercial transactions, consumer, marketing, digital media, entertainment, software, e-commerce, subscriptions, and privacy law.
- A hard worker with a great attitude, ability to focus, and a strong desire to learn new things.
- Ability to make difficult decisions, break down complex issues, and balance risk with business need.
- Outstanding written communication skills.
- Aptitude for working with many different stakeholders, including engineers, businesspeople, creatives, tax experts, government affairs, and international counsel.
- Strong negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of and broad interest in digital entertainment and consumer internet businesses.
- Strongly preferred: Experience advising clients on complex content- and technology-related legal issues and regulatory matters.
- Preferred: Experience in product counseling and working with business, product, and engineering teams.
In this role you’ll help Apple Media Services teams build global, industry-leading entertainment products and businesses, while responsibly managing legal and regulatory risk. You may find yourself negotiating a deal with a social media company to make Apple Music available to customers in a new way, working with designers to update Apple TV App’s UI and subscription flows, investigating how a new state or international law would affect a new service or feature, reviewing the terms of third party software licenses, drafting a message to send to millions of Apple customers regarding a change in their accounts, or attending a weekly product or engineering meeting to keep updated on project developments and advise on any legal issues that happen to arise. The ideal candidate for the job will be someone who has a broad skillset and takes pride using it to help make successful products and services.
Education & Experience
JD degree, excellent academic credentials, and admission to at least one state bar.