Head of Marketing Science, Wallet-Payments-Commerce - Cupertino
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple seeks to hire a senior leader of Marketing Science for the Wallet, Payments & Commerce Analytics group. Reporting to the head of Data Science for Apple Pay, this person will be responsible for leading marketing science and customer insights across ApplePay, App Store & iTunes Gift Card, as well as Payments and Commerce for the multi billion dollar services sector at Apple. We are seeking an experienced senior professional to manage a team of data scientists to design, develop, and field analyses and tools that have direct and measurable impact to the customer experience and business outcomes. We are looking for someone that is passionate about building analytics practices to solve complicated business problems and deliver on our strategies. Self-directed with wide range of technical skills, and are highly proficient in turning data discoveries into analytical insights and products that drive business and customer outcomes. This role is meaningful tactically and strategically and requires a mix of high level leadership and deep experience directing the activities of a highly applied and deliverables focused team. The team will also conduct analytics and forecasting for a broad range of strategic and tactical questions related to ApplePay including CRM activities related to customer acquisition, lifecycle, and retention across our services and subscriptions business at Apple.
- You have authoritative level knowledge of applied regression techniques including, but not limited to: Linear, Logistic, Mixed models, Distributed Lags, Time Series, GLM & Simultaneous Equations!
- We seek a specialist in development of marketing mix models to analyze and simulate the incremental impact of digital and offline marketing.
- Conceptualize and deploy Design of Experiments to measure interaction effects of various marketing channels during product launches, promotions and business as usual time periods!
- Expertise in CRM analytics and modeling – especially propensity models, survival models to determine opportunities for higher customer engagement and lifetime-value.
- Demonstrated proficiency in synthesizing sophisticated analysis into simple, meaningful and impactful insights.
- We seek an inspiring leader and have successfully led, hired and retained a robust team, managing multiple partners, in a fast paced environment.
You are a top-tier data scientist with demonstrated ability in forming teams, coordinating analytical processes and workflows, and mentoring junior team members Have a passion for applied empirical analytics and answering hard questions with data, and the demonstrated ability to conceptualize, promote and implement business insights Confirmed collaboration, communication and story telling skills with ability to adapt and connect across a variety of audiences. This includes strong writing, and data visualization skills with the ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, detailed, and measurable manner to senior executives. Partner with senior leaders across the three focus areas to understand business goals, consult on data strategies and produce repeatable outcomes Handle econometric analytics projects through all phases, including data quality, data modeling, statistical analysis, data visualization and presentation of results. Leading ongoing and ad-hoc analyses and predictive analytics to provide leadership with meaningful insights at tactical and strategic levels. Partner with the data engineering and BI team to Run workflows, requirements and project roadmap with Apple's IT organization to ensure consistent data availability, data quality and data accessibility for your projects.
Education & Experience
Ph.D in in Applied Econometrics, Statistics, or related field. Graduate degree considered, with 10+ years of demonstrated experience in the Marketing Science space.