Senior Product Manager - AMP Tax Platform
New York City, New York, United States
Software and Services
The Internet Software & Services at Apple is a dynamic organization. We provide our customers around the world with access to an incredible collection of content and experiences. You will have the opportunity to work on a broad spectrum of long-term strategic projects to support the following Apple platforms but not limted to music, movies, apps, books, iCloud and so much more! We are seeking an experienced Senior Tax Product Manager to join the Tax Platform team within the Commerce, Tax, and Platform Optimization Organization. The team is responsible for the new global tax platform and other tax changes. Our goal is build and optimize platforms enabling payment and commerce experiences that allow Apple customers across the globe to enjoy our products and services securely, privately and without friction. Enjoy the benefits of working in a fast growing business where you are encouraged to "Think Different" and where your efforts play a key role in the success of Apple's business! *Also Open to the following Work Locations: Seattle, Washington, Vancouver, Canada and Cupertino, CA*
- 7 to 10 years working in systems development/infrastructure is strongly recommended.
- Understanding basic Direct and Indirect Tax principles.
- Experience with managing, prioritizing and leading global complex projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communications.
- Strong Customer Service skills.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, show attention to details.
- Open to adopt ambiguity.
- Ability to react to resets and changes in a time sensitive environment.
- Problem-solving skills; demonstrating good judgment in identifying methods and techniques for driving solutions.
- OTHER ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Deep subject-matter-expert knowledge; understand and become the key resident leader for taxation across various system interfaces; act as the go-to person to advise partners on tax operational matters on compliance and expansion projects.
- Provide product strategies, roadmap prioritization, including accountability for investigation timelines and all program deliverables and phases.
- Business/product requirements and use cases; provide direction and guidance on requirements based on systems architecture, customer experience, and contractual arrangement with partners.
- Management of non-technical dependencies; collaborate with cross-functional teams on regulatory and business impacts and ensure decisions and outcomes are optimal for customers, partners and Apple.
- Roll-out strategies, including coordination of Marketing and PR strategies (if applicable).
- Revenue/business model, success KPI definition.
- Partner evaluation/selection (if applicable).
- Cross-functional experience - business operations, program management, finance, tax, legal and sound foundation in overall implementation, system design and architectures.
- The successful candidate is highly willing to take action with strong analytical and critical-thinking capabilities.
- Should be comfortable presenting to Executives.
- Able to deliver efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced, deadline driven work environment.
- Proven negotiation skills.
As the Tax Product Manager, the individual will lead tax operational analysis to drive business strategies and system design solutions for large, complex, multi-year tax infrastructure programs. Given the cross-functional nature of the role, having comprehensive knowledge of how projects intersect with business, product, engineering, marketing, finance, government affairs and legal is highly desired. You will get to work alongside with multiple teams on any given day. Ultimately, you will work to identify a strategic direction along with defining the innovate and executable options to achieve business goals.
Education & Experience
BS/BA/MBA/CPA degree with 5 to 7 years of relevant work experience in Tax Operations, Audit or Business Analysis. Consulting background a plus.