Senior Program Manager of Security and Compliance, Internet Services for China
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
China is one of Apple’s largest and most important markets for Internet Services. We are looking for a great Senior Program Manager to help manage regulatory compliance, security, technical, and operational risks in support of our Internet Services in China. You take ownership and feel a personal stake in your projects; you communicate responsibilities and scope clearly with integrity and able to manage conflict; you learn how things work fast and strive to bring order to uncertainty while working for the success of the entire ecosystem; you have judgement and make decisions; you keep your eye on the ball, build strong relationships without getting mired in politics; you are constantly looking to improve yourself and your team; you see around corners and deliver on-time.
- Proven track record in program or project management in complex and large scale business, technical and security compliance projects.
- Experience navigating various regulatory and security compliance requirements in highly regulated geography and industry (e.g.: China), is required.
- Ability to quickly understand new technologies and make substantive recommendations on technical architecture
- Experience negotiating and building relationships with internal and external partners.
- A clear track record of making a difference in the projects you drive.
- Naturally accountable and responsible.
- Self-starting, self-motivated, self-directed, and self-sufficient.
- Strong communication and presentation skills (written and verbal) to all levels of an organization
- Creating or manage the creation of documentations targeting auditors and regulators
- Strong facilitation skills for cross-function collaboration
- Drive process improvements through tools and other efficiencies
- Experience with Chinese or other equivalent International security or compliance standards such as MLPS, ISO 27001, NIST 800-53, SOC 2 Type II and others
- Experience in business and technical impact analysis from emerging regulations is strongly desired
- Proficiency in Mandarin and experience working in China are required.
We're looking for someone with proven track record owning and delivering complex and large scale security compliance projects under demanding business goals. Who also knows how to understand and navigate ambiguous and ever-changing geopolitical challenges. You take ownership and understand how our projects intersect with business, engineering, finance, operation, legal, regulatory and security compliance. You build strong relationships across Apple, with our partners and vendors. You will manage security compliance projects from end to end by leading cross-functional teams, strategizing, motivating and communicating to achieve desired results. While this is not a pure technical role, the responsibilities include performing business and technical impact analysis from emerging regulations and standards, and driving security compliance requirements with teams across Apple. The role will need to understand technical details, issues and effective communication with all teams from engineering, legal, business to executives. This is a hands-on position. The role drives security compliance requirements, from emerging states to implementation and audits, collaborating with internal and external partners, and more. You will be responsible for successful outcomes and delivery.
Education & Experience
BS or equivalent required.