Alloy Engineering - Apple Product Design
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
As a member of the Alloy Engineering team at Apple, you will help create the next generation of the world's finest consumer electronic devices. You will drive the rapid advancement of alloys, materials, and processes that are the building blocks of our products. This position will interface directly with Alloy Engineering and other Product Design, Operations, and Industrial Design teams to advance and shape Apple’s advanced alloys and materials.
- A minimum of B.S. in Materials Science, Metallurgy or a related field is required. M.S. or Ph.D. is preferred
- Experience with leading large alloy development and materials processing-related projects
- Background in materials selection and application of materials in product design
- Thermo-mechanical processing and heat treatment of metals and alloys
- Experience utilizing integrated computational materials engineering approaches for alloy design is highly desirable
- Experience with aluminum alloys and anodizing is highly desirable
- Experience with stainless steels and other metals is also highly desirable
- Flexibility and comfort working in a fast-paced environment
This position within the Alloy Engineering team will participate and lead development projects related to metals, alloys, and materials that will impact future Apple products. Responsibilities will include identifying, developing, and applying new alloys and material solutions for Apple products. The candidate will have experience in applying physical metallurgy principles to materials development, preferably utilizing integrated computational materials engineering and system engineering approaches to alloy design. An understanding of materials processing and manufacturing is also important for this position. Experience with a variety of ferrous, non-ferrous, and reactive metal alloys to assist designers in materials selection for cosmetic, mechanical, and other performance metrics is essential. The successful candidate must posses the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with competing priorities.
Education & Experience
A minimum of B.S. in Materials Science, Metallurgy or a related field is required. M.S. or Ph.D. is preferred