Head of Technology and Records for Legal and Global Security Operations
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, we quickly turn new ideas into extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences. Bring your vision and dedication to Apple, and there’s no telling what you could accomplish. The Head of Technology and Records has a unique opportunity to manage technological tools and solutions for the entire Legal as well as manage the company’s records worldwide. We are looking for an experienced attorney who will work closely with the Head of Legal and Global Security Operations to manage and implement the department’s vision for technological advancements, work hand in hand with cross-functional partners in Information Systems & Technology and Privacy, partner closely with department leadership to anticipate and innovate tools to facilitate an evolving workplace, and to manage relationships and spend. You will partner closely with internal stakeholders to implement process efficiencies and drive development of world-class processes and tools.
- 15+ years experience working with in-house legal departments
- Juris Doctorate required; business degree a plus
- Department-wide In-House Technology Management Experience Required; Records and Information Governance Experience Is Preferred But Not Required
- Meaningful experience at a high level of legal department management.
- Ability to work collaboratively with senior leadership and contribute meaningfully to strategic initiatives.
- Track record of identifying innovative opportunities, presenting plans and building support for improvement in law department processes.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong leadership, team work, communication and analytical skills.
- Ability to navigate and resolve diverse and complex issues in imaginative and effective ways.
- Knowledge of the latest industry trends and evolving market forces governing technologies and records management.
- Finding and pursuing opportunities by challenging current structure, business processes, etc.
- Work side-by-side with the Head of Legal and Global Security Operations to set priorities and innovative improvements.
In this role you will report directly to the Head of Legal and Global Security Operations to manage the teams handling the technologies and tools supporting Legal worldwide as well as records management for the company worldwide. The role will also include management of the teams supporting technologies and records. You will deliver results by closely partnering with the Head of Legal and Global Security Operations, senior leadership, Apple attorneys, legal assistants and staff, security personnel and several cross functional teams, e.g. IS&T, Privacy, Finance, and the People team.
Education & Experience
Juris Doctorate required; business degree a plus