Senior Stability Analyst
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Do you love solving challenging problems in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where you’ll work with many different Apple teams? If so, the Software Engineering Data Analytics team is looking for a senior stability analyst to drive the quality of new software releases. Our team analyzes and produces insights from diagnostic and usage data from all Apple platforms such as iOS, macOS, tvOS, and watchOS. We use our data to advise Apple’s strategic direction for optimizing its products and services to deliver the best possible user experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects at the same time
- Strong skills in programmatically manipulating and analyzing data (e.g., python, pandas, Linux shell scripting, R, ruby)
- Demonstrated analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to establish relationships and work across teams to achieve goals
- Data visualization skills
- Comfort in influencing and communicating across organizations, teams, and at all levels
- Comfort in setting context (urgency, dependencies, and goals) and working with teams to resolve breakthroughs
As a part of the SWE Field Engagement and Analytics team, the Stability group ensures that all software releases have excellent stability by identifying issues and driving fixes from software teams all across Apple. You will run command-line tools and python scripts to query stability data from our data pipeline to tailor stability analysis for one or more software releases at a time. Your work will be highly visible to individual engineering teams and executive-level review boards and require a deep understanding of software release management, data visualization, and data analysis. Using data and your power of persuasion, you'll advocate for software fixes and coordinate with engineers all across Apple to improve and maintain stability on new and upcoming software releases. Your work will directly impact Apple's software quality and usability as a Software Engineering Stability Analyst. Bring passion and dedication to your job, and there’s no telling what you could accomplish !!!
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Engineering, Science, Math, or Computer related area.
- Programming or scripting skills
- Strong operating system fundamentals
- Spreadsheet experience (Excel, Numbers)
- Experience with modern source control tools
- Solid understanding of Unix / Linux environments
- Previous work on multi-functional projects
- Experience with statistically-based projects or large data sets
- Experience in an Agile environment